It’s getting to be that time of year where mornings are dark, cold, and extra quiet. This desolate combination makes for even more difficulty getting out of bed than any other morning.
Coffee, of course, is a fantastic way to combat the winter morning blues (and snoozes). And why not amp up your coffee with a couple of simple, wholesome, cozy flavours?
This is the coffee I make on weekends when I want to enjoy a long, quiet morning by the (freezing) window, or when I really need a pick-me-up before work.
- 3 tbsp freshly ground coffee
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ½ – 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1½ cups hot water
- ¼ cup warm milk
- Brew coffee with cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger added to the filter.
- Meanwhile, warm up your choice of milk (the higher the fat percentage, the better) and froth it with a hand frother.
- Add coconut oil to coffee, stirring until it is fully incorporated.
- Top with frothed milk and sprinkle some more cinnamon(and maybe a pinch of sugar) on top.